Man, I hate install errors. It's your first impression of PlayerPal, and it's not the best. Unfortuantely, given the nature of computers in the wild, these errors will happen from time to time. All we can do is try and figure them out and then squash them.
The key is information. We need information about what happened on your machine. To do this we can run the install in debug mode.
How to gather installation error information
You need WinZip (or equivalent) to get the debug install files.
- Un-install any previously installed versions of PlayerPal
- Download the debug install (1.69 MB)
- Unzip the debug install onto your PC (you need WinZip for this)
- Launch debug install by double clicking on debugInstall.bat
- Complete as much of the install as possible
- Write down the error message you see (if there is one)
- When install is finished locate log file named C:\playerpallog.txt
- Email the error message and the log file to email@example.com
- Wait and hope it can be fixed!
Thanks for your patience and help in making PlayerPal a better product.